Sunday, October 22, 2023

Chapter 51

 Jenny and Charlie sat at the kitchen table discussing finances and agreed they needed to talk to someone about it.  "That's why I always wanted to file separately" Jenny said.  "My stepfather is a CPA he's a real rock for Mom and I would go with him, he also does some financial advice.  He helped grow my, ah, blood money quite a bit even in spite of the economy."  

Javin banged on the door, yelling about the tree. They opened the door and found it stacked neatly off to one side.  

"Too bad we couldn't use it for firewood or BBQ" Jenny mused.  They checked the storage units which were intact, the contents sound.  She took a stroll through her property, picking up and stacking dead branches off to the side.  

"Why aren't you stacking it with the tree stuff?" Boo queried.  

"Well insurance is only paying to take off that, right?"  She waved at the burnt pine tree.  "It's stealing if I put my stuff on there."  

Boo laughed "I'm taking it off, feel free to put your things on there."  She did, let out a little screech when a cat popped out, and laughed, holding the cat in her arms.  

She didn't know it but that image, of her laughing and holding the cat in front of her shattered home, would lead the "Storm Story" on the evening news, along with the link to her Go Fund Me.  

Pops came out, smoking mad.  "They say it will be a week before they can send the adjuster!  What kind of company does that?"  She put the cat down, walked over, and patted his arm.  

"I have a place to live, anything I get is a gift.  I'm just worried about your blood pressure.  Have you had anything to eat?  Did you take your pills?"  She walked him back to his house.  

No comments:

Post a Comment